As everyone knows this holiday season is a bit different. More people are doing their holiday shopping online. Families are holding social distancing holiday meals. And if you’re in the market to purchase a new home or are considering selling your current home, you may already have seen some of the changes Upstate Realtors have adopted in order to keep both buyers and sellers safe. This month Closing Contractor has included some practical tips for selling your home during the holiday season along with adding some easy tips to make your home standout during a virtual showing.
- Go big or go home when it comes to curb appeal. When a home is on the market potential buyers expect great curb appeal and cold weather is no excuse. Keep the yard mowed, leaves raked and flower beds weeded. Add pots of colorful winter hardy greenery and flowers to the porches, decks and walkways. Give the mailbox a fresh coat of paint. If necessary add additional decorative outdoor lighting to make your home look warm and inviting.
- Realtors always tout the necessity of removing everything from personal photos to small kitchen appliances so a potential buyer can envision living there among their possessions, not yours. Since a large percentage of home showings these days are done online via 3-D floor plans, walk-throughs, or 360 virtual tours, minimalism is more important now than ever. Making sure your home is staged to show all its best features is paramount. From linen closets to kitchen cabinets, from the garage to the basement, neat and clutter free is best.
- Do decorate for the holiday season, but don’t go overboard. Select a monochromatic color scheme for the tree. Add a few elegant and timeless mantle or table decorations. A classic wreath for the front door and you’re ready for all those virtual showings.
- While this is true anytime of the year, work with a reputable Realtor and make sure your home priced right for the market. Often setting the optimal selling price in the beginning gets a signed contract faster than overpricing the property and then having to make a series of small price reductions.
- Finally, start a fire in the fireplace, make yourself a hot toddy and relax. The Upstate housing market is still very active and holiday season or not, your home will sell.
Ready to put your home on the market but not everything on that “honey do list” is finished? Call Closing Contractor today at 864-326-2640 to schedule an appointment. We continue to follow all CDC recommended Covid-19 procedures including contactless estimates and billing. Your safety and the safety of our employees is our primary concern. Also, we’d like to take this time to wish everyone a very happy holiday season and look forward to serving you in 2021.