There is always something going on in Greenville and the holiday season is no exception. From Peace Center events to holiday craft fairs, the ever-popular Poinsettia Christmas parade, the Greenville Zoo Holidays at the Zoo, and the super popular Kringle Holiday Village at Fluor Field, we’ve compiled a list of activities, shopping, food and fun for you and the entire family!
- Let Christmas begin in Greenville! The biggest and oldest parade, the Poinsettia Parade has been going strong since the mid 1940’s. Always held the first Saturday in December, this year’s parade kicks off December 4th 6PM sharp at the corner of Main and Augusta. Bring your chairs and blankets and make sure to get there early for a good spot to see all the holiday floats, bands and of course, Santa!
- Greer goes all out for Christmas! December 2nd from 5-8PM is the lighting of the Greer Christmas Tree. December 3rd and 4th is the Greer Christmas Festival complete with food trucks and live entertainment. Wrapping up the festivities is the Greer Christmas Parade, this year featuring a Toyland Christmas theme benefitting Greer Relief.
- Make plans now to come to the Sounds of the Season Christmas Parade in downtown Simpsonville on December 4th starting at 3PM. All parade participants are encouraged to select their own special holiday carol and then decorate to reflect that song. From Jingle Bells to the Little Drummer Boy, bring the entire family and try to guess what song is being featured.
- Ready to get a jump start on your holiday shopping? Plan on stopping by the first annual Mistletoe at the Market in Pickens on November 19th from 8AM-4PM. Bring the entire family and spend the day while enjoying handcrafted local holiday gifts and décor, plus lots of food and fun.
- Take advantage of potential Black Friday deals and check out the Spartanburg Christmas Vendor Fair being held at the Westgate Mall on November 26th from 9AM-1PM. There will be local artisans, small business owners and even food trucks available.
- You definitely can’t pass up Greenville’s newest holiday tradition Kringle Holiday Village at Fluor Field. Running the entire weekend of December 9th, Fluor Field becomes a European Holiday Market complete with local craftsmen offering unique holiday decorations and gifts, tasty food offerings, and craft beer, along with plenty of kid friendly activities including inflatables and even a visit with Santa!
- The Book Lover’s Holiday Party sponsored by Fiction Addiction will be held this year on December 1st from 5-8PM. Stay for the entire event or drop in if you have a few minutes to spare. There will be complimentary refreshments and plenty of exciting new releases from both nationally known and local authors available. Remember, books make the perfect gift for those hard to buy people on your holiday list.
- Be one of the first in Greenville to check out the Greenville Zoo’s inaugural Holiday at the Zoo family event. Come enjoy the lights, the music, and of course the animals. Then in the evenings Santa’s Village will be open for the kids to explore. There will be wintertime snacks and beverages available at the Reptile Building concession stand along with holiday themed gifts in the Safari Shop.
- Christmas at the Farm in Easley will be open this year on November 25-27 and December 3-4, with plenty of fun holiday activities and local vendors offering a wide variety of holiday items. And don’t forget the trees! Ranging in size from 3 to 10 feet tall, come pick your own Fraser or Balsam fir. Make memories while enjoying the smell, sights and feel of a true traditional Christmas tree farm.
Now is the perfect time to get on the Closing Contractor schedule and have those home repairs taken care of before all the holiday festivities begin. Call us today at 864-326-2640 or click here to send us your repair list and we’ll be in touch soon.