Nothing can perk up the spirits and put you in a festive mood like heading out to get the family holiday tree. It doesn’t matter if you have six kids and your mother-in-law lives with you, or if it’s just you and the cat; a fresh fragrant green tree holding court in the living room or den will always make you smile.
- Merry Christmas Tree Farm. You can’t go wrong with a business that has all their Covid-19 safety practices on their website’s home page. Located in Central, about an hour’s drive from anywhere in the Upstate, the Sneed family has owned and operated Merry Christmas Tree Farm since 2006 and has built a loyal following, with folks driving from as far away as Florida for just the right tree. This year there are 7 different choose and cut tree selections, ranging in size from 4 feet to 8 feet. Trees 9 feet and over will be selected, cut, tagged, bagged and ready for pick-up at your convenience.
- Elves Tree Farm. Once a holiday staple in the Berea Community, Elves Tree Farm is now located in Easley on 75 acres complete with rolling hills and beautiful holiday trees, ready for cutting. They open for business at 9AM on Saturday, November 27th and will close for the season at end of business on Christmas Eve, Thursday, December 24th. Hours are Sunday through Friday 1PM-6PM and Saturday 9AM-6PM. Along with a wide selection of “pick your own” and pre-cut Frasier Firs, the Elves also offer fresh handmade wreaths.
- Tom Sawyer Christmas Tree Farm & Elf Village. Ok, perhaps this farm isn’t technically in the Upstate, but who doesn’t want to go check out a holiday tree farm that also has its own elf village? Unfortunately due to Covid-19, this year Santa has decided to keep the elves at the North Pole, but you can still bring the kids for a social distancing visit with Santa along with enjoying a horse drawn carriage ride or a tractor pulled hayride. Perfect for a day trip out of town, Tom Sawyer is a scenic two hour drive through the Blue Ridge Mountains to Lake Glenville, North Carolina. They offer both “choose and cut” and pre-cut Fraser Firs, handmade and made to order wreaths, sprays, centerpieces and garland.
- Mystic Farm. Looking for a holiday tree a little closer to home? Mystic Farm, serving the Upstate since 1983, is located right down the road at 9029 Old White Horse Road. And while their website is showing 2019 information, everything including the prices, will be staying the same for 2020. The only difference is this year opening day is Saturday, November 21st. Tree heights run from 5 feet to over 15 feet and wreath sizes range from 10 inches to 28 inches. Mystic Farm also offers swags, garlands, candy canes and wreaths designed especially for mailboxes. Looking for the perfect family photo opportunity? Mystic Farm is now booking professional photography sessions.
- May-Lan Tree Plantation. This is the perfect place to not only to pick and cut your own tree but to also relax and spend a couple of hours enjoying all the fun activities May-Lan offers. From visiting with friendly barnyard animals, checking out a display of almost 200 types of barbed wire, roasting marshmallows over an open fire, enjoying cold apple cider or a cup of hot chocolate, spending some time with Santa or dropping your own personal wish list into Santa’s direct mailbox, there is always plenty to enjoy at May-Lan Tree Plantation. Please note: due to Covid-19 some of the above listed activities may have been changed or cancelled. There is a general store, The Tree Stand, with tasty jams, ciders, honey, cheeses and more, many made right here in South Carolina. And of course, along with the wide variety and sizes of trees there are also beautiful wreaths and garlands perfect for decorating your home inside and out. Please click here for May-Lan’s 2020 calendar including a list of their special seasonal events.
Searching for a farm in a different location? The South Carolina Christmas Tree Association has a handy website listing tree growers all over state.
Does your home need some TLC before the holiday season? Call Closing Contractor today at 864-326-2640 and let us tackle that to-do list.