As 2017 comes to a close and you start considering your New Year’s resolutions for 2018, remember they don’t always have to be about losing weight, giving up cigarettes or hitting the gym every day. A home is probably the largest purchase any of us will ever make, so why not have your resolutions include improving and maintaining your most valuable asset?
- Having your HVAC system serviced annually will often expose minor problems which can then be corrected before they become major and expensive.
- Don’t let wasted energy rob you blind. Carefully go through each room of your home and unplug those energy hogs when even turned off, are still sucking down kilowatts. For example, now with all the streaming services available do you really need to keep that 10-year-old DVD player plugged in? The same goes for home printers, small kitchen appliances and microwave ovens.
- Spend some time over the holiday break doing a major home cleaning purge. Nothing will make you feel better and also make it easier to keep your home clean, neat and organized than donating or recycling unread magazines, worn out clothes and linens, toys the kids have outgrown and all that other useless junk you no longer want or need. Starting the year off with a clean, clutter-free home is good motivation to keep it that way!
- Check exterior windows for broken panes, torn screens and leaky seals. Do the same for exterior doors. Add weather stripping, replace cracked glass and call a window expert if seals have been compromised and the glass is permanently fogged.
- There always seems to be that one big home improvement project we never have enough money for. Resolve in the upcoming year to structure your finances so that dream can become a reality.
Need some assistance in keeping your 2018 home resolutions? We here at Closing Contractor are always willing to lend a hand. Please connect with us today online or call 864.326.2640 to speak with our friendly and professional staff.