Regardless of what many popular home decorating websites lead you to believe, you don’t have to spend a fortune while sprucing your place up for the warmer weather. Check out these smart and thrifty home décor ideas.
- Purchase fresh flowers during your weekly grocery trip and add a splash of color throughout your home. An inexpensive bouquet quickly and easily becomes a dining room table centerpiece, the living room coffee table focal point, brightens the fireplace mantel, or brings the outdoors inside to bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Painting can become expensive. Limit your scope and simply paint your front door! Changing out that drab brown, grey, or forest green for an eye-catching buttercup yellow, Clemson orange, or periwinkle blue adds great curb appeal.
- Replace those heavy window drapes with light and airy sheers. Not only will it brighten up a room but sheers are much more affordable than curtains or blinds.
- Don’t have the budget for a complete bathroom remodel? All you need is a new shower curtain, bathroom rugs and accessories such as a trashcan, toothbrush holder and soap dispenser. In fact, many people change out their bathroom décor seasonally. For the warmer months go with a tropical theme, bright spring flowers, or a mix of white and crème with a splash of bold coral, lime green, or nautical navy.
- Feeling crafty? Chalk paint some of those metal or wooden furniture pieces that are looking a bit dated and tired. This home decorating fad is still going strong thanks to very little sanding and priming required. Plus you can chalk paint just about anything from a wooden bookcase to a metal filing cabinet. Chalk paint can easily be applied to wood, metal, plastic, cement and even brick.
Need to have some home repairs taken care of before redecorating? Or perhaps you’re considering a more detailed home improvement project. Greenville’s leading home repair and maintenance company, Closing Contractor can take care of all your home’s needs with just one call to 864.326.2640. Connect with us today for more information. Closing Contactor: Put your home in our hands.