Warm days full of sunshine; trees sprouting new leaves and lush lawns coming back to life after lying dormant all winter; this is spring. And spring is when we want to throw open windows and doors and sweep out that winter dust, dirt and musty odor. In addition to cleaning rugs, walls and windows, don’t neglect those all important spring home maintenance chores.
- Soon it will be time to move that little thermostat switch from “heat” to “cool” and the last thing you want is for your central A/C to fail during the dog days of summer. Schedule your semi-annual HVAC maintenance now to head off any potential problems. Also, don’t forget to clean or change out your air return filters and use your vacuum’s soft brush attachment to remove dust, lint and hair from your HVAC register vents.
- Clean your gutters of all the debris that has collected over the winter months. Reattach any loose or sagging sections. Clean out around all downspouts and make sure they are positioned away from your home’s foundation.
- Visually inspect your roof shingles to ensure no inclement winter has caused any damage. Summer heat can easily allow damaged shingles to loosen and flake. Cracked or curling shingles should be checked by a professional roofer. If you have a chimney now is the perfect time to have it inspected and cleaned. Most people wait until fall or winter when chimney maintenance is in high demand.
- Have your lawn mower serviced and the blades sharpened. Clean and oil your weed eater and other small hand-held yard tools.
- Clean all exterior door and window screens. Check the wood framing surrounding the windows and doors for softness and rot from winter moisture. Do the same for wood porches, decks and handrails.
Getting ready to put your home on the market as soon as the weather turns warm? Let Closing Contractor help. We will make sure your home is in perfect condition, both inside and out. Contact us today by using our easy and secure online form.