While often people are reluctant to list their residence during the fall and winter months, many Realtors believe this is actually one of the best times because fewer homes are on the market for potential buyers to select from. Plus, those searching for a home during colder weather may be doing so out of necessity, such as due to a job transfer.
And currently today’s housing market is hot, hot, hot! So don’t let freezing temps and a chance of snow hurt your chances when it comes to selling your home. Use these easy tips to make your abode warm, cheery and bright no matter what the weather.
- You only get one chance to make a good first impression, so gather up those piles of leaves and dead branches, add some seasonal décor, touch up the paint around the front door and windows and if the weather is snowy make sure to shovel and salt the front walkway and steps.
- Nothing says welcome home like good smells. In addition to keeping all rooms clean and neat, when a showing is scheduled have a pot of mulling spices simmering on the stove.
- Crank up the gas fireplace! Not only will it provide much appreciated warmth but it makes a home look and feel so cozy. If your fireplace is wood burning, you may want to simply fill the hearth with logs but not actually light it as the fumes may irritate those with respiratory problems.
- Fill your home with light. Winter days are often overcast so don’t hesitate to turn on every light in the house when potential buyers are on their way.
- Prospective homeowners want to see a clean spacious foyer, not one cluttered with muddy boots and piles of coats, hats, scarves and gloves. Store outdoor clothing necessities in the bedroom closet and winter sports gear in the garage or outside shed.
Let Closing Contractor make sure your home is in tip-top shape no matter when you decide to sell. We are here to assist with all your home repair and maintenance needs. Please contact us today by filling out our convenient online form.