Great family friendly neighborhood. Best school district in the county. Wonderful yard with mature landscaping. Super floor plan with just the right amount of square footage. So why so glum, chum? Because you HATE the kitchen. It’s outdated, cramped with too few cabinets and even less counter space. But every time you thumb through those home decorating magazines you shudder to think of the cost of a new kitchen. Never fear, Closing Contractor is here with some easy and inexpensive ways of updating your kitchen without breaking the bank.
- Decide what you need versus what you want and what is nonnegotiable. If a major need translates into a major expense be prepared to compromise in other areas. For example, does the cabinetry really need to be replaced or will a new coat of paint and modern hardware revitalize the space?
- And speaking of cabinetry, today’s trend is to remove the doors allowing the china and glassware to take center stage. Paint the inside of the cabinets a contrasting color or apply wallpaper remnants for an eye-catching focal point.
- Take a free class at your local home improvement store on tile installation and replace that old worn linoleum yourself. A kitchen or laundry room is a great place to hone your skills since the space is generally small and without the curves found in a bathroom.
- Instead of building a new pantry, install a gently used armoire. It’s simple to reconfigure the interior shelving for your specific needs. Consider using an old desk or dresser in place of a brand new kitchen island. Add caster wheels, fresh paint or stain, decorative shelf paper, retro hardware and you have convenient storage and counter space at a fraction of the cost.
- A new sink and faucet will completely change the look and feel of a kitchen. And depending on style and manufacturer, can be very affordable.
Buyer or seller, for those jobs you don’t have time for; for those jobs you just aren’t comfortable undertaking yourself; for those jobs no matter the size or scope of work, Closing Contractor will be with you every step of the way. Please use our convenient online form to connect with us today.